Memorandum of understanding
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)– signed between member companies and IndustriALL – is the basis for the cooperation between ACT members, outlining the commitments necessary to establish freedom of association, collective bargaining and living wages within global supply chains.
ACT Member Commitments include:
- work to ensure that purchasing practices support long-term partnerships with manufacturers
- ensure that purchasing practices facilitate the payment of a living wage
- exchange necessary information regarding strategic supplier factories with IndustriALL.
Brands and IndustriALL will …
- design strategies on how to proactively promote freedom of association
- provide capacity building on freedom of association and collective bargaining
- advocate that industrywide collective agreements be registered and legally enforceable under national laws
- make joint approaches to governments in support of higher minimum wage outcomes
- work with factories and IndustriALL – affiliated unions in priority countries to bring them together to negotiate towards a living wage.